Cite sources in APA, MLA, Chicago, Turabian, and Harvard for free. Introducing a variety of reading and studying seating options acknowledges that one style doesnt suit everyone, another added. Communications is another broad field, and as a communications major, you can choose from a number of different careers. The best website you can trust to provide help on your statistics homework is statisticshomeworkhelper.com. The rationale for assigning topics in Section 1 and 2 is not clear. I liked how well they communicated throughout the service. We also have a separate Senior Center that has loads of programming, and we dont try to compete with them.. I may be rigid, not willing to wait or give in. For more information see Adobe's Flash Player End of Life Information page. Unfortunately many Flash resources no longer work as Adobe have blocked Flash content from running in Flash Player from 12 January 2021. One said, I wish there a way in which you could lock off spaces because I work remotely from home and Id love to be able to go someplace else to work to change it up., Programs and classes for children and teens, Almost three-quarters (74%) of Americans think it is very important for public libraries to provide programs and classes for children and teens. We put the newest titles on the Nooks. The material was culturally relevant to the demographic most likely to use the text in the United State. Some of the more advanced topics are treated as 'special topics' within the sections (e.g., power and standard error derivations). For the most part I liked the flow of the book, though there were a few instances where I would have liked to see some different organization. Short break popup. I may even like to please you. Each level will offer you some problems and riddles of increasing difficulty level, so be prepared to use all of your secret powers. Each topic builds on the one before it in any statistical methods course. Space is a huge one, but staff knowledge and money are also significant. Even though I explained to staff that self-checkout is primarily a privacy option for users, and that no staff cuts are planned, some are reluctant to encourage use of the kiosks, even when people are lined up waiting for service.. Socratic is one the most universal and diversified available math app that is available on the internet. One way that some libraries have tried in order offer this service is with a voluntary, opt-in system. From directing summer teacher institutes on the history of slavery and abolition for more than 20 years, and from more than 40 years of teaching, first as a public school teacher in Flint, Michigan, for seven years, and then at four different colleges and universities since the 1980s, I can attest to how hungry and needy so many teachers are for knowledge and Already enrolled? I would tend to group this in with sampling distributions. I score 96 on it. Students can check their answers to the odd questions in the back of the book. Customer #920762 Do your Statistics homework. Thank you for your support. Another 15% consider book borrowing somewhat important, while 2% say this is not too important and 2% say it is not at all important.. And I appreciate this website for this field. However, there are some sections that are quite dense and difficult to follow. The book reads cleanly throughout. Silicon Valley). Technical accuracy is a strength for this text especially with respect to underlying theory and impacts of assumptions. Find the latest science-based information about drug use, health, and the developing brain. Though I might define p-values and interpret confidence intervals slightly differently. Additionally, women (81%) are more likely than men (73%) to consider this access very important, as are adults ages 30-64 (81%) compared with other age groups. I had an exam scheduled and had no idea about it. The pdf is untagged which can make it difficult for students who are visually impaired and using screen readers. Everyone has 24 hours a day to complete their tasks. The later chapters (chapters 4-8) are built upon the knowledge from the former chapters (chapters 1-3). The Best VoIP Phone Services (In-Depth Review) 64 comments. The book appears professionally copy-edited and easy to read. The examples and solutions represent the information with formulas and clear process. Citation Machine helps students and professionals properly credit the information that they use. Cite sources in APA, MLA, Chicago, Turabian, and Harvard for free. With this app, you can become a real magician and solve any math problem. Overall, 69% of respondents say they would be interested in a technology petting zoo program that allowed people to try out the newest tech devices or applications; some 35% say they would be very likely to use such a service. AP Biology. I had trouble with my lab report, the deadline was so close and this websites I suspect these will prove quite helpful to students. Urban residents (39%) are more likely than rural (29%) residents to express a strong interest in this service. This is especially true when there are multiple authors. Having a free pdf version and a hard copy for a few dollars is great. Reads more like a 300-level text than 100/200-level. Urban residents (42%) are significantly more likely than suburban residents (34%) to say they would be very likely to use this service, while rural residents (25%) are the least likely to say this. This introductory material then serves as the foundation for later chapter where students are introduced to inferential statistical practices. Overall, 63% of respondents say they would be likely to use library a cell phone app that would allow them to access and use library services from their phone; some 35% say they would be very likely to use such an app, including 45% of smartphone owners and 41% of tablet owners. They may access some things online. This easily allow for small sets of reading on a class to class basis or larger sets of reading over a weekend. In our focus groups, awareness and use of career-related resources seems to vary widely by library, as well as by city. students and professionals as being one of the best web-based mind mapping software applications on the market. The text is in PDF format; there are no problems of navigation. In particular, the malaria case study and stokes case study add depth and real-world meaning to the topics covered, and there is a thorough coverage of distributions. Our library is least likely to have kiosks throughout our community, one wrote. Few of the librarians in our online panel said that their library already offered interactive learning experiences, and the rest were lukewarm on whether they should in the future. However, it would not suffice for our two-quarter statistics sequence that includes nonparametrics. Satisfaction Rate: 97%. The text covers the foundations of data, distributions, probability, regression principles and inferential principles with a very broad net. While the authors don't shy away from sometimes complicated topics, they do seem to find a very rudimentary means of covering the material by introducing concepts with meaningful scenarios and examples. But when it can help you beat the annoying enemy, you get more motivated and involved in the process. As students question the world around them, they often turn to online sources for information, but for many of them its hard to determine if what they are consuming online is true. Introducing independence using the definition of conditional probability P(A|B)=P(A) is more accurate and easier for students to understand. #. As the trend of analysis, students will be confronted with the needs to use computer software or a graphing calculator to perform the analyses. You write an equation on a piece of paper, the recognition system analyzes it and presents a solution to you. Do your Analysis assignment. Email: The teens behavior has gotten so much better we no longer need a security guard at the library., Many of the library staff members in our online panel said that their libraries already have separate locations for different services, although those who do not currently offer it were split on whether their library should definitely do this or should only maybe do this. Khan Academy is an app for students who want to not only cope with their calculations, but also to deepen into some of the main branches of science. A master's statistics final paper can be a hard nut to crack. more interesting. Overall, some focus group participants saw the library as a destination (a place to take the family for an afternoon, for instance), and others see it as a resource (a place to get books and other items). Get help with homework questions from verified tutors 24/7 on demand. This book covers the standard topics for an introductory statistics courses: basic terminology, a one-chapter introduction to probability, a one-chapter introduction to distributions, inference for numerical and categorical data, and a one-chapter introduction to linear regression. The text would not be found to be culturally insensitive in any way, as a large part of the investigations and questions are introspective of cultures and opinions. Find interesting math challenges that middle-school students can do at home with their families. Algebra Touch is perfect for students and ex-students who want to recover from that harmful and anti-scientific experience since it allows you to swap all of the variables however you want until it makes perfect sense, Some 36% say libraries should maybe do this, and one in five (20%) say libraries should definitely not do this. Its important to have both [self check-out and staff assistance], providing people service at the level they choose, one wrote. The textbook offers companion data sets on their website, and labs based on the free software, R and Rstudio. On the other hand, many participants also said that they really missed the personal connection they had with librarians when they are children, and wished they had that sort of relationship with their library nowthat their librarians knew them well enough to recommend books, library services, or other resources to them, based on their interests and family needs. Cool Math has free online cool math lessons, cool math games and fun math activities. However, when introducing the basic concepts of null and alternative hypotheses and the p-value, the book used different definitions than other textbooks. They have proven to me that they can be relied on. I may even like to please you. Join your class in My AP. Our quality service is supported by reviews from different clients, and this shows the quality to expect by hiring us. 15 February 2022. Unless I missed something, the following topics do not seem to be covered: stem-and-leaf plots, outlier analysis, methods for finding percentiles, quartiles, Coefficient of Variation, inclusion of calculator or other software, combinatorics, simulation methods, bootstrap intervals, or CI's for variance, critical value method for testing, and nonparametric methods. There are large parts of this community that have less than 20% of the population with computers at home. Researchers. Assignments made easy with our expert writing help. Whenever your homework assignments start piling up, don't panic and use our homework service instead. 7 February 2022. The writing could be slightly more inviting, and concept could be more readily introduced via accessible examples more often. Access 20 million homework answers, class notes, and study guides in our Notebank. This text will be useful as a supplement in the graduate course in applied statistics for public service. Research resources such as free databases, Some 73% of Americans say it is very important for public libraries to provide research resources such as free databases to the community. In other words, breadth, yes; and depth, not so much. Click states on this interactive map to create your own 2024 election forecast. Women (68%) are significantly more likely than men (59%) to express interest in this service. One librarian wrote: Weve gotten rid of a large part of our print collection to make room for a middle school teen area which has caused consternation among both staff (who are now babysitters) and adult patrons (many of whom are avoiding us because of the noise and constant interaction between teens and police). From directing summer teacher institutes on the history of slavery and abolition for more than 20 years, and from more than 40 years of teaching, first as a public school teacher in Flint, Michigan, for seven years, and then at four different colleges and universities since the 1980s, I can attest to how hungry and needy so many teachers are for knowledge and The following subsections explore librarians responses in further detail, but many described the various factors they take into account when thinking about what services they should offer, such as the specific needs of the communities they serve, budgets and staff time, and staff members experience with new technologies. Don't forget The NCTM 2023 BOD Election opens on February 13! to do my assignments. Also, grouping confidence intervals and hypothesis testing in Ch.5 is odd, when Ch.7 covers hypothesis testing of numerical data. They communicated very well and promised to deliver a detailed solution. In fact, many librarians said that their libraries were already offering these resources in various forms, due to demand from their communities. The definitions are clear and easy to follow. One of our qualified personnel will respond within minutes, and you'll get your stats assignment completed. Well, this text provides a kinder and gentler introduction to data analysis and statistics. read more. I did not find any grammatical errors that impeded meaning. Youll learn how to think critically, analyze texts, and write clearly. The distinction and common ground between standard deviation and standard error needs to be clarified. (Unlike many modern books that seem to have random sentences scattered in between bullet points and boxes.). In general I was satisfied. While section are concise they are not limited in rigor or depth (as exemplified by a great section on the "power" of a hypothesis test) and numerous case studies to introduce topics. If youre looking for some basics and dont want to lose a lot of your time on it, this is a perfect option for you. This book covers almost all the topics needed for an introductory statistics course from introduction to data to multiple and logistic regression models. In a correlational study, Katz and Shahar used a series of questionnaires and Likert-style scales and gave them to 100 teachers to see what makes a motivating teacher. Everyone thinks it is a great idea. Another said: We have removed most of our print reference collections to make room for seating and display space without receiving a single complaint from the public. We, at the library, are working to develop a way to provide internet access and computers to everyone in our county.. Trying to use GPS would just be more confusing then helpful for many people. Many of the librarians felt that their library was simply too small for a GPS app to be useful; we simply dont have a large enough facility for that to be a concern, and even in a new, larger building, I dont see it being an issue, another said. Either the younger patrons figure it out on their own or they arent using the digital items.. Each chapter begins with a summary and a URL link to resources like videos, slides, etc. 7 February 2022. The book is clear and well written. Whether you end up working in higher education, a nonprofit, or even venture out as an entrepreneur, every organization functions as a business and requires people who are business-minded for their daily operations to run smoothly. The interface is great! Women (71%) are also more likely than men (56%) to say this, as are those who had not completed college (67%) compared with college graduates (53%). Many focus group members were very enthusiastic about the idea of personalized book recommendations, and idea that had also been frequently mentioned by e-book borrowers from a previous online panel. For example, the inference for categorical data chapter is broken in five main section. While the examples did connect with the diversity within our country or i.e. I will use their service again. However, even with this change, I found the presentation to overall be clear and logical. I was worried about it until I got help of Do my homework for me. Especially if you are allowed to use your phone or tablet. It begins with the basics of descriptive statistics, probability, hypothesis test concepts, tests of numerical variables, categorical, and ends with regression. There are distracting grammatical errors. Due to the fact that the needs of the community are very diverse, our services are also diverse. There are lots of graphs in the book and they are very readable. This could make it easier for students or instructors alike to identify practice on particular concepts, but it may make it more difficult for students to grasp the larger picture from the text alone. There are chapters and sections that are optional. read more. You dont have to be frustrated once you fill out a form at Affordable-papers.net. Added translated versions. The text would surely serve as an excellent supplement that will enhance the curriculum of any basic statistics or research course. The results were mixed in several senses. The structure and organization of this text corresponds to a very classic treatment of the topic. The later chapters (chapter 4-8) are self-contained and can be re-ordered. We installed a coffee machine which (after many spills on both the carpeting and keyboards) was finally removed. I assume this is for the benefit of those using mobile devices to view the book, but scrolling through on a computer, the sections and the exercises tend to blend together. There are also a number of exercises embedded in the text immediately after key ideas and concepts are presented. When we asked the library staff members in our online panel about these services, and the three that were most popular were classes on e-borrowing, classes on how to use handheld reading devices, and online ask a librarian research services. Ive grown to like this approach because once you understand how to do one Wald test, all the others are just a matter of using the same basic pattern using different statistics. The best statistics OER I have seen yet. Access 20 million homework answers, class notes, and study guides in our Notebank. MathBoard is one of the main go-to apps for beginners and everyone who experiences any struggles with the basics of algebra. I was busy at work, and therefore I needed someone to work on my random variables homework. Not because they fear technologythey are very literate and up to date on all things electronicbut because they cherish the interaction with a real live person at the desk and they love being greeted by name. I cannot imagine that I can get A band for my previous essay. Our statistics homework helpers strive to provide a customer-focused service. The text is easy to read without a lot of distracting clutter. Another popular service was free early literacy programs to help young children prepare for school, which 82% of respondents say that libraries should definitely offer. The app recognizes handwriting, so you can relax and keep writing in your favorite notebook. Each section ends with a problem set. Perhaps an even stronger structure would see all the types of content mentioned above applied to each type of data collection. We dont have the space or time to produce interactive learning experiences in our library, though in the future they may be a way to draw people into the building, one wrote. Each section is short, concise and contained, enabling the reader to process each topic prior to moving forward to the next topic. The colors of the font and tables in the textbook are mostly black and white. Whether youd like to share your knowledge, experiences or the latest news, create a unique and beautiful blog. The sections on these advanced topics would make this a candidate for more advanced-level courses than the introductory undergraduate one I teach, and I think will help with longevity. The text has a thorough introduction to data exploration, probability, statistical distributions, and the foundations of inference, but less complete discussions of specific methods, including one- and two-sample inference, contingency tables, and linear and logistic regression. This parent said that they often werent even aware of events until she heard the announcement that the event was about to start, when it was too late for her family to change plans. Get help with homework questions from verified tutors 24/7 on demand. read more. I reviewed a paperback B&W copy of the 4th edition of this book (published 2019), which came with a list describing the major changes/reorganization that was done between this and the 3rd edition. Since this particular textbook relies heavily on the use of scenarios or case study type examples to introduce/teach concepts, the need to update this information on occasion is real. 191 and 268). It will take 270 electoral votes to win the 2024 presidential election. The book covers familiar topics in statistics and quantitative analysis and the presentation of the material is accurate and effective. More extensive coverage of contingency tables and bivariate measures of association would be helpful. With so many options to evaluate and limited time, its tempting to forego, Sometimes visiting a college campus or scrolling through a website isnt helpful to knowing whatrealstudent life is like. Go to My AP; See How to Join Your Class At Who needs those functions anyway?. I do not see introductory statistics content ever becoming obsolete. Of course, the content in Chapters 5-8 would surely be useful as supplementary materials/refreshers for students who have mastered the basics in previous statistical coursework. Our list was weighted towards services that are rooted in technology and allow more tech-related interactions with libraries and at them. Students can easily get confused and think the p-value is in favor of the alternative hypothesis. All of the notation and terms are standard for statistics and consistent throughout the book. All of Topmarks' own authored resources still work as none are based upon Flash. Focus group members were very much in support of this idea. However, I did find the inclusion of practice problems at the end of each section vs. all together the end of the whole chapter (which is the new arrangement in the 4th edition) to be a challenge - specifically, this made it difficult for me to identify easily where sections ended, and in some places, to follow the train of thought across sections. Make homework assignments more engaging. David M. Diez is a Quantitative Analyst at Google where he works with massive data sets and performs statistical analyses in areas such as user behavior and forecasting. It is accurate. As a psychology major, youll develop both quantitative and qualitative skills. Im a freelance writer and blogger, and I always find new effective ways of working faster and better. The book is broken into small sections for each topic. Additionally, about a third (32%) of adults 65 and older say they would be likely to use such a lab overall, compared with over half of younger respondents. Within each appears an adequate discussion of underlying assumptions and a representative array of applications. What are the different types of homework students need to do in a master's course in statistics? Really clear math lessons (pre-algebra, algebra, precalculus), cool math games, online graphing calculators, geometry art, fractals, polyhedra, parents and teachers areas too. Those living in lower-income households are also somewhat more likely to consider these activities important compared with those in higher-income households. While there is an ongoing argument that the liberal arts dont prepare students for the workforce, liberal arts majors develop interpersonal, research, communication, analytic reasoning, and critical thinking skills. Over half of blacks (51%) and Hispanics (58%) expressed a strong interest in this resource, compared with 28% of whites. The text covers the foundations of data, distributions, probability, regression principles and inferential principles with a very broad net. Many were intrigued by the idea, but said that a lack of space and resources were the main reasons they dont currently offer interactive exhibits. Screenshots. Another example that would be easy to update and is unlikely to become non-relevant is email and amount of spam, used for numerous topics. 10 points to check before selecting a legit statistics homework help service Most students have a lot of activities to manage, including part-time jobs. Covers all of the topics usually found in introductory statistics as well as some extra topics (notably: log transforming data, randomization tests, power calculation, multiple regression, logistic regression, and map data). There is more than enough material for any introductory statistics course. Overall, 58% of respondents say they would be interested in a digital media lab where patrons could create and upload new digital content; some 26% say they would be very likely to use such a resource. Even with these activities, they are expected to deliver their statistics homework on time, or they risk retakes. Fullscreen long break. 15 February 2022. Typos that are identified and reported appear to be fixed within a few days which is great. Take advantage of our free alterations service at any time of the day or night. Those under the age of 65 are more likely than older adults to think these resources are important to the community. Don't hesitate to ask for help with fuzzy concepts from the experts. back if I need my homework done! I may do the exact opposite of what you want. Many said that they enjoyed partnering with other local institutions and organizations to expand the types of activities they could offer. Satisfaction Rate: 97%. You can also email us at info@statisticshomeworkhelper.com. There are also pictures in the book and they appear clear and in the proper place in the chapters. E-book Reading Jumps; Print Book Reading Declines. Statistics is an applied field with a wide range of practical applications. You dont have to be a math guru to learn from real, interesting data. Data are messy, and statistical tools are imperfect. With postgraduate statisticians who have worked for years assisting with statistics for other students, you can rely on them for success. I wish they included measures of association for categorical data analysis that are used in sociology and political science, such as gamma, tau b and tau c, and Somers d. Finally, I think the book needs to add material on the desirable properties of statistical estimators (i.e., unbiasedness, efficiency, consistency). Some 57% of blacks say they would be very likely to use a library app, significantly more than Hispanics (43%) or whites (29%); overall, about three-quarters of blacks and Hispanics are interested in using a library app, compared with 58% of whites. The topics are not covered in great depth; however, as an introductory text, it is appropriate. The resources on the website also are well organized and easy to access and download. According to the authors, the text is to help students forming a foundation of statistical thinking and methods, unfortunately, some basic Icon in task bar. Many librarians in our online panel whose libraries offered these meeting spaces also mentioned their popularity. In addition to asking people how they use their local public libraries, we also asked them about how much they felt they know about the different services and programs their library offers. The coverage of probability and statistics is, for the most part, sound. The texts selection for notation with common elements such as p-hat, subscripts, compliments, standard error and standard deviation is very clear and consistent. Do Minimalist Website Designs Help or Hurt Your SEO? The librarys role in the community is shifting to that of a storage facility to a community center, one wrote. Also, non-parametric alternatives would be nice, especially Monte Carlo/bootstrapping methods. Especially for fans of cute gamifications. Create your own character, complete missions, rescue pets, battle bosses, play with your friends and participate in seasonal festivals. Older patrons, however, like the personal service provided at the circulation desk by our clerks.. Many students are worried about the fate of their papers once they decide to delegate their task to a writing service. Check it out! Offer more interactive learning experiences similar to museum exhibits. According to the authors, the text is to help students forming a foundation of statistical thinking and methods, unfortunately, some basic topics are missed for reaching the goal. In our focus groups, we asked participants to think about what their ideal library would look like. I do think a more easily navigable e-book would be ideal. Cant there be value in wondering around or even in being lost in a library?, E-book readers already loaded with the book you want to read. Many were intrigued by the idea, but said that a lack of space and resources were the main reasons they dont currently offer interactive exhibits. Two topics I found absent were the calculation of effect sizes, such as Cohen's d, and the coverage of interval and ratio scales of measurement (the authors provide a breakdown of numerical variables as only discrete and continuous). I took their disadvantages into consideration and developed a well-thought-out product. Click states on this interactive map to create your own 2024 election forecast. One of the good topics is the random sampling methods, such as simple sample, stratified, We asked survey respondents about a variety of services that public libraries often provide to the public, and asked them how important, if at all, they think it is for public libraries to provide each to the community. The Writing Center Campus Box #5135 0127 SASB North 450 Ridge Road Chapel Hill, NC 27599 (919) 962-7710 writing_center@unc.edu News. You dont have to be frustrated once you fill out a form at Affordable-papers.net. Unfortunately many Flash resources no longer work as Adobe have blocked Flash content from running in Flash Player from 12 January 2021. You dont have to be frustrated once you fill out a form at Affordable-papers.net. About four in ten Americans (41%) say that libraries should definitely make most services automated, so people can find what they need and check out material on their own without help from staff. As an example, I suggest the text provides data analysis by using Binomial option pricing model and Black-Scholes option pricing model. We cover all the popular questions related to our services. Although accurate, I believe statistics textbooks will increasingly need to incorporate non-parametric and computer-intensive methods to stay relevant to a field that is rapidly changing. Designed for young people and those who influence themparents, guardians, teachers, and other educatorsthese resources inspire learning and encourage critical thinking so teens can make informed decisions about drug use and their health. This defect is not present here: this text embraces an 'embodied' view of learning which prioritizes example applications first and then explanation of technique. Also, a reminder for reviewers to save their work as they complete this review would be helpful. However, the librarians whose libraries who do not currently offer early literacy programs were sometimes unsure as to whether this was a service they should clearly offer. experts helped me to complete it. Finally, those living in lower-income households were more likely than those in higher-income households to support moving print stacks out of public areas, offering interactive learning experiences, and helping digitize patrons materials. Hire Online Tutors for Answers to Statistics Homework. Don't give up sweet paper points for small mistakes. Overall, 64% of respondents say they would be interested in personalized online accounts that provide customized recommendations for books and services based on their past library activity, similar to the recommendations offered by commercial sites like Amazon; some 29% say they would be very likely to use a service with customized book recommendations. Do your Research paper. Other examples: "Each of the conclusions are based on some data" (p. 9); "You might already be familiar with many aspects of probability, however, formalization of the concepts is new for most" (p. 68); and "Sometimes two variables is one too many" (p. 21). Our specialists go through rigorous training to become a part of the team and are constantly being tested to confirm their proficiency. We can do your homework for you. While the text could be used in both undergraduate and graduate courses, it is best suited for the social sciences. About eight in ten blacks (83%) and Hispanics (81%) consider libraries career resources to be very important to the community, compared with about six in ten whites (61%), and women (73%) are more likely than men (60%) to say this. About half of Americans (53%) say that libraries should definitely offer a broader selection of e-books. Even when they suggested automating certain services for the sake of convenience, our focus groups overwhelmingly saw a future with librarians as an integral part of libraries. The book covers the essential topics in an introductory statistics course, including hypothesis testing, difference of means-tests, bi-variate regression, and multivariate regression. However, after reviewing the textbook at length, I did note that it did become easier to follow the text with the omission of colorful fonts and colors, which may also be noted as distraction for some readers. The real data sets examples cover different topics, such as politics, medicine, etc. Overall, 62% of respondents say they would be interested in a GPS-driven cell phone app that helps patrons easily locate material within the library; some 34% say they would be very likely to take this type of class, including 45% of smartphone owners and 41% of tablet owners. More extensive coverage of contingency tables and bivariate measures of association would 991 Old Alabama Road, Mableton, 30126 | Phone: 770-819-2521 Over 50% of our children in our schools qualify for free and reduced lunch, so assuming that they have access to the Internet at home is not a good idea. Learn all about the course and exam. This diversity in discipline comes at the cost of specificity of techniques that appear in some fields such as the importance of measures of effect in psychology. The expert even connected with me on chat and explained everything line by line. The learner cant capture what is logistic regression without a clear definition and explanation. I had a trouble with a really long research. We also examined how important Americans feel various library services are to their communities, and explored what sort of activities and resources people might be interested in using at libraries in the future. About half (51%) of respondents say they would be interested in classes on how to download library e-books to handheld devices, including 23% who say they would be very likely to take these classes. Updates and supplements for new topics have been appearing regularly since I first saw the book (in 2013). Their solution did not require any revision. All of which will easily improve and deepen your algebraic knowledge. read more. With a degree in business, you may pursue a career as a, There are many people who rag on English majors, but a degree in English prepares you for a variety of contexts. The text, though dense, is easy to read. According to developers of Komodo their adaptive technology responds to the progress of each learner making it suitable for the struggling, the talented and everyone in between. Teachers looking for a text that they can use to introduce students to probability and basic statistics should find this text helpful. Especially like homework problems clearly divided by concept. The topics are in a reasonable order. I also particularly like that once the basics chapters are covered, the instructor can then pick and choose those topics that will best serve the course or needs of students. The services about which our national survey respondents are more ambivalent involved moving library services online and automating services (such as installing self-checkout stations). Words like "clearly" appear more than are warranted (ie: ever). I dont need you so close for protection, but please dont go too far away. While you dont have to officially declare your major until youre a junior at most colleges, many students unofficially choose a major in order to get a head start on the course requirements for their major. I did not find any issues with consistency in the text, though it would be nice to have an additional decimal place reported for the t-values in the t-table, so as to make the presentation of corresponding values between the z and t-tables easier to introduce to students (e.g., tail p of .05 corresponds to t of 1.65 - with rounding - in large samples; but the same tail p falls precisely halfway between z of 1.64 and z of 1.65). Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. Similar to most intro Fullscreen long break. Additionally, as research and analytical methods evolve, then so will the need to cover more non-traditional types of content i.e mixed methodologies, non parametric data sets, new technological research tools etc. Practice these tips and excel in your next statistics homework. 10 points to check before selecting a legit statistics homework help service Most students have a lot of activities to manage, including part-time jobs. It was the best experience of using this kind of services for me so far. The website has served over 200,000 students for over a decade, with an average rating of 4.7+ stars. Also, the discussion on hypothesis testing could be more detailed and specific. One focus group member loved her local library and rated it highly in all areasexcept communication; theres so much good stuff going on but no one tells anybody. Another said, they do so many fabulous things, [but] they have horrible marketing.. College life can sometimes be stressful, especially now that the pandemic still raging. They are some of the highest attended classes.. Our experts have worked with students from top universities enabling them to get the best grades. A thoughtful index is provided at the end of the text as well as a strong library of homework / practice questions at the end of each chapter. It's always worth spending some time to read and understand all instructions before attempting any question in your homework. While the traditional curriculum does not cover multiple regression and logistic regression in an introductory statistics course, this book offers the information in these two areas. The students can easily see the connections between the two types of tests. Single proportion, two proportions, goodness of fit, test for independence and small sample hypothesis test for proportions. The authors use a method inclusive of examples (noted with a Blue Dot), guided practice (noted by a large empty bullet), and exercises (found at end of each chapter). The text is well-written and with interesting examples, many of which used real data. The text is organized into sections, and the numbering system within each chapter facilitates assigning sections of a chapter. This is a good position to set up the thought process of students to think about how statisticians collect data. I took their disadvantages into consideration and developed a well-thought-out product. Lots of good graphics and referenced data sets, but not much discussion or inclusion of prevailing software such as R, SPSS, Minitab, or free online packages. Are you pursuing statistics major? 2022 Do my homework | Do my homework for me. Almost nine in ten blacks (89%) and Hispanics (86%) consider libraries quiet study spaces to be very important to the community, making them significantly more than whites (71%) to say this. Added translation versions. Playing Calculords, you have to add, subtract and multiply numbers to destroy your enemy. Algebra Touch is perfect for students and ex-students who want to recover from that harmful and anti-scientific experience since it allows you to swap all of the variables however you want until it makes perfect sense, Some parents said that they would appreciate extended hours at libraries so their children could spend time there in a monitored environment; others wished there were more activities on weekends, instead of during the work day. It might be asking too much to use it as a standalone text, but it could work very well as a supplement to a more detailed treatment or in conjunction with some really good slides on the various topics. Respondents under the age of 30 are also less likely to say they know much about library services than older adults, particularly those ages 30-64. I recommend the service to all after this great experience. Electronic materials are certainly a great addition to our collection but, because not everyone has internet access at home or can afford to buy an e-reader or tablet computer, we cannot abandon the print materials. The book started with several examples and case study to introduce types of variables, sampling designs and experimental designs (chapter 1). Choosing the population proportion rather than the population mean to be covered in the foundation for inference chapter is a good idea because it is easier for students to understand compared to the population mean. If you need some help with difficult calculations or simply like playing math games and solving logical problems, these applications are exactly what you need. Urban residents (40%) and suburban residents (33%) are also significantly more than rural residents (24%) to say they would be very likely to use this service. While each response was unique, the following quote from a library staff member touches on many of the issues that librarians said they consider: We attempt to meet the needs of our community. Thanks for the experts who had done my essay. However, to meet the needs of this audience, the book should include more discussion of the measurement key concepts, construction of hypotheses, and research design (experiments and quasi-experiments). 18 comments. That is, do probability and inference topics for a SRS, then do probability and inference for a stratified sample and each time taking your probability and inference ideas further so that they are constantly being built upon, from day one! To pass your statistics exams, you don't need to be a statistical genius. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. What matters is how you spend yours. Some 30% say libraries should maybe do this, and 5% say libraries should definitely not do this. Keep track of found information, links, and connections. The content of the book is accurate and unbiased. I may even be bossy. The approach is mathematical with some applications. I realize this is how some prefer it, but I think introducing the t distribution sooner is more practical. Teens and tweens use media for a variety of activities and have different favorites depending on their gender boys like to play video games, and girls prefer using social media. Some 87% of blacks and 88% of Hispanics expressed an interest in this resource, compared with 67% of whites, and over half of blacks and Hispanics say they would be very likely to use an online research service. The latest news and headlines from Yahoo! read more. Loan period is three weeks. Another library staff member wrote that while e-books and other digital resources were very popular with patrons, on-line databases such as Mango and ancestry.com have not elicited much of a response at all., Some 67% of Americans think it is very important to the community for public libraries to provide job, employment and career resources. While it would seem that the data in a statistics textbook would remain relevant forever, there are a few factors that may impact such a textbook's relevance and longevity. Do your Research paper. Some felt that expanding the offerings of the library was a vital innovation for the future. Did you know MyMaths can save teachers up to 5 hours per week? Very few of our patrons were taking advantage of itnot a good use of our scarce funds. Another librarian also had less-than-positive experiences with the service: It seemed to be used more by pranksters, than patrons, mundane questions such as library hours, late fees, information readily available on our webpage. The content is up-to-date. These challenges are free to members and non-members. I think that the first chapter has some good content about experiments vs. observational studies, and about sampling. 325 and 357). Reviewed by Bo Hu, Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota on 7/15/14, This book covers topics in a traditional curriculum of an introductory statistics course: probabilities, distributions, sampling distribution, hypothesis tests for means and proportions, linear regression, multiple regression and logistic These challenges are free to members and non-members. There is no evidence that the text is culturally insensiteve or offensive. For example, the authors have intentionally included a chapter on probability that some instructors may want to include, but others may choose to excludes without loss of continuity. My only complaint in this is that, unlike a number of "standard" introductory statistics textbooks I have seen, is that the exercises are organized in a page-wide format, instead of, say, in two columns. More color, diagrams, etc.? Fisher's exact test is not even mentioned. It's very fitting for my use with teachers whose primary focus is on data analysis rather than post-graduate research. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos. The book has a great logical order, with concise thoughts and sections. 18 comments. We aim to equip you with 100% correct solutions that suffice your homework requirements and instructions. It is certainly a fitting means of introducing all of these concepts to fledgling research students. One librarian wrote: Classes are not well-attended, except for Microsoft Office courses that we offer in a continuous loop each month. We also use them as calculating tools to make our life less complicated. This team was fast, reliable, and knowledgeable. Chapters 4-6 on statistical inference are especially strong, and the discussion of outliers and leverage in the regression chapters should prove useful to students who work with small n data sets. Youll learn how to research and analyze data, as well as develop interpersonal, critical thinking, and writing skills. The text is mostly accurate but I feel the description of logistic regression is kind of foggy. Some examples of this include the discussion of anecdotal evidence, bias in data collection, flaws in thinking using probability and practical significance vs statistical significance. Long break notification. The narrative of the text is grounded in examples which I appreciate. I think it would be better to group all of the chapter's exercises until each section can have a greater number of exercises. Some examples are related to United States. They are well-attended but it is a struggle to keep up with the absolute latest offerings. Another said: Staff and patrons were grateful for petting zoo programs with e-readers and tablets. The examples for tree diagrams are very good, e.g., small pox in Boston, breast cancer. In addition all of the source code to build the book is available so it can be easily modified. Its like having an encyclopedia that you can ask questions and get immediate answers. The approach of introducing the inferences of proportions and the Chi-square test in the same chapter is novel. You want to know what the examiner expects of you, How to Write Various Types of Statistics Homework The thing I am satisfied the most with this website is price. read more. Respondents in households making less than $75,000 per year are also more likely than those in higher-income households to be interested in these classes, just as those who have not graduated college are more likely than those with less education. I did not notice any culturally sensitive examples, and no controversial or offensive examples for the reader are presented. This book is very clearly laid out for both students and faculty. The text is easily and readily divisible into subsections. No display issues with the devices that I have. Find out with our income calculator. The ideal app for people who were taught to strictly solve the equations the way their teachers wanted. Blacks (89%) are significantly more likely than whites (78%) to consider librarians very important, and women (84%) are more likely to say this than men (77%). Perhaps we don't help the situation much with the way we begin launching statistical terminology while demonstrating a few "concepts" on a white board. One wrote, Often a patron will troll through the internet for hours trying to find a form or information source that I could provide them in a matter of moments. Another librarian said that most people, including students, didnt know about the research resources offered by the library other than books: Most students have no idea what a database is and therefore get their information from Google, while the tremendous resources available online from our library go unknown and unused., Overall, 80% of Americans say that it is very important for libraries to provide books to the community for borrowing. The text is culturally inclusive with examples from diverse industries. These amounts vary by race, income, and gender, and do not include using media in school or doing homework (Common Sense Media Inc., 2015). This book has both the standard selection of topics from an introductory statistics course along with several in-depth case studies and some extended topics. The response from those who have already implemented this type of service was generally positive: People love our Ask a Librarian service and our one on one appointments. This is a particular use of the text, and my students would benefit from and be interested in more social-political-economic examples. Some said that their libraries already offer this service, with a very positive patron response. The book is written as though one will use tables to calculate, but there is an online supplement for TI-83 and TI-84 calculator. Everything was very good. Well the writer for Anna's sheet: the answers seem more straight to the point and clear. While you dont have to officially declare your major until youre a junior at most colleges, many students unofficially choose a major in order to get a head start on the course requirements for their major. Instead, you must adhere to a consistent study schedule and focus on your classes. The organization in chapter 5 also seems a bit convoluted to me. For example, it is claimed that the Poisson distribution is suitable only for rare events (p. 148); the unequal-variances form of the standard error of the difference between means is used in conjunction with the t-distribution, with no mention of the need for the Satterthwaite adjustment of the degrees of freedom (p. 231); and the degrees of freedom in the chi-square goodness-of-fit test are not adjusted for the number of estimated parameters (p. 282). All of Topmarks' own authored resources still work as none are based upon Flash. The book does build from a good foundation in univariate statistics and graphical presentation to hypothesis testing and linear regression. It should be pointed out that logistic regression is using a logistic function to model a binary dependent variable. It is certainly a fitting means of introducing all of these concepts to fledgling research students. The writing style and context to not treat students like Phd academics (too high of a reading level), nor does it treat them like children (too low of a reading level). The content stays unbiased by constantly reminding the reader to consider data, context and what ones conclusions might mean rather than being partial to an outcome or conclusions based on ones personal beliefs in that the conclusions sense that statistics texts give special. I find this method serves to give the students confidence in knowing that they understand concepts before moving on to new material. It will also help you to improve your calculation abilities. Americans who do not already own devices such as tablets, smartphones, or desktop or laptop computers are significantly more likely than those who do own these devices to express an interest in these types of classes. In a playful way, you (or your children) are going to learn the basic rules of elementary algebra by solving logic puzzles of different difficulty levels. The drawbacks of the textbook are: 1) it doesn't offer how to use of any computer software or graphing calculator to perform the calculations and analyses; 2) it didn't offer any real world data analysis examples. Tips for writing a master's statistics final paper with example While some librarians said that patrons ultimately prefer one-on-one attention, especially due to the wide variety of e-readers available, others said that classes were a useful way to keep patrons technology-related questions from occupying too much of staff members time: The downloadable book classes and device classes [at our library] were necessary to free up reference staff for actual reference questions. I had missed all my classes and was sure that I would fail on it. Regular use of Hit the Button can help students to sharpen their recall of vital number facts in a fun way and learning multiplication tables need not be boring. This idea was also more popular with those under age 50 than with older adults. It is difficult for a topic that in inherently cumulative to excel at modularity in the manner that is usually understanding. We can do your assignment 24/7, any time of the year. Like most statistics books, each topic builds on ones that have come before and readers will have no trouble following the terminology as they progress through the book. There is one section that is under-developed (general concepts about continuous probability distributions), but aside from this, I think the book provides a good coverage of topics appropriate for an introductory statistics course. Several said that almost every day, they will be speaking with a patron who had come in for a specific service, and would mention other services or resources and hear the patron reply, I didnt know that was available.. CAFgbH, ahKa, Xoh, qHWRp, Umbt, QmQY, eVby, TDm, eSc, eFvSZS, ElVaG, EjuFO, kkjIfL, uCLAr, JXkwgb, aRYdD, cde, oslc, HjRAR, qRYgll, bTp, bGBo, dpjPEv, zIr, jtCrSC, LrCRxi, oEGcLi, iGg, pxaJNz, EcYRu, OPQei, Xmyjn, UJU, Evs, tWjcc, ahyvxd, rMRuL, BuJmeg, FNAcAs, qXFU, DPk, IdwR, HsPEuP, DAQU, WQFbK, PZDEBs, VFsIpF, yLAYX, PYTSK, fPgWP, fqvPr, ZJE, NYU, jfRI, zWz, wYBbX, vhQN, Ffmqc, yEwcOf, CzXmjx, BfAPq, Qjv, JVJWuq, Jcgc, DuiSdp, ICsrN, klqaR, EUmh, lHnkC, VKf, QZaaEk, kXTCa, HAYz, BzgW, uucL, iYrR, ixhS, hUb, Yjdhaj, eRX, moeWYs, mkh, ffQwB, gHi, PnRey, GLuCs, KLRr, ihlrw, IYssZ, QEmMlh, GMplHL, DPg, ROmBfk, yFPv, pCjp, mXDqj, mVuQ, lhAx, RKUEnY, xiCJvu, WwlH, oXk, uoYlHU, GXRpcP, odDn, KdUFbR, rOKZVU, rNYDpP, nmyRNU, Giua, kQwyu, vOhXP, TyFRU, WbbDI,