He has had nine number-one albums on the Billboard 200 chart and been nominated for six Grammys. The song became Lawrence's first No. Kenny Chesney will bring his I Go Back 2023 tour to the Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza on Saturday, April 8, with special guest Kelsea Ballerini. To have Kelsea Ballerini out there with me, maybe even singing half of my hometown? Chesney went on to admit that deciding to be part of this song was the right choice because of the meaning it holds for him as a fellow East Tennessee native. How To Get The St. Jude This Shirt Saves Lives T-Shirts Worn By Lainey Wilson, Cody Johnson, Kelsea Ballerini, Jelly Roll & Hundreds Of Other Celebrities, Kenny Chesney Honors Late Rescue Dog With New Song Da Ruba Girl: Rubys Life Is Going To Pay It Forward, Kenny Chesney Mourns The Loss Of Ruby Da Ruba Girl With Emotional Farewell: Im Going To Miss Her, Ashley McBryde Officially Inducted As Newest Member Of Grand Ole Opry: This Moment Is The Biggest Of My Life. [19] This record was broken one week later by Garth Brooks' "More Than a Memory", which debuted at No. [citation needed], That injury did not have him cancel any shows, as saying "[the doctor] told me it's going to hurt though nothing could hurt worse than Saturday, I don't think and they can give me something to deaden the pain when I get out there. Chance of snow 60%.. Light snow this evening. Kenny Chesney surprised Kelsea Ballerini and her fans when he joined her on stage at her during her Heartfirst Tour stop at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles, California on Thursday evening (Oct. 6). DENVER (KKTV/Gray News) A woman fell to her death from an escalator at the Broncos stadium in Colorado Saturday night, officials said. "Living in Fast Forward", "Summertime", and "Beer in Mexico" all reached number one, while "Who You'd Be Today" and "You Save Me" both broke the Top 5. Then remaining cloudy late. |2C49 `c]k^Am, kAmu@C >@C6 :?7@C>2E:@? HURLEY, Va. (WJHL) Tuesdays fire at Hurley High School is just the latest disaster that students at the school have had to deal with. NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. Kenny Chesneys memorial dog song to help others [34][35] The album's second single, "Til It's Gone", was released in mid-October. LINCOLN, Neb. L. Kent Wolgamott, the recipient of the 2018 Mayors Arts Award, has written about arts and entertainment for Lincoln newspapers since 1985, reviewing thousands of movies and concerts and hundreds of art exhibitions. [42] The term No Shoes Nation originated from Chesney's hit song "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problem". All rights reserved. Chesney, however, decided that he would give country music a place in the competition, claiming country artists were just as popular as those in the rap genre. Read More Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooter Nikolas Cruz is seated at the defense table for a sentencing hearing at the Broward County Courthouse in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., on Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2022. The video for "Young" was honored by CMT with the Video of the Year and Male Video of the Year awards for 2002. (KOLN) - Kenny Chesney announced his I Go Back 2023 tour schedule, which includes a stop in Lincoln in May. The song marks Ballerinis seventh No. Chesney will be coming to Pinnacle Bank Arena on May 13. According to a news release about the tour, I Go Back 2023 is presented by Blue Chair Bay Rum. ?Jr96D?6J]4@>k^2m[ k2 9C67lQ9EEADi^^HHH]E:4<6E>2DE6C]4@>^Q E2C86ElQ03=2?2DE6C]4@>k^2m @C :? [25], The second single from Hemingway's Whiskey, "Somewhere with You", was released in November 2010. [10] That same year, Chesney co-wrote Confederate Railroad's single "When He Was My Age" from their album When and Where. I Go Back 2023 is going to be so awesome, Chesney raves, To be able to take this music to where it comes from? ; SoundCloud Go+ provides DEX 3 DJs with in-app access to Co-written by Ballerini alongside Jimmy Robbins, Nicolle Galyon, Shane McAnally and Ross Copperman, Half Of My Hometown appears as a duet with Chesney on her third studio album, kelsea. Ballerini later brought the song to life with a. that served as a tribute to her hometown of Knoxville, Tennessee. The third single "Wild Child", which is a duet with Grace Potter, was released two days later. Please enable it in your browser settings. Kenny Chesney surprised Kelsea Ballerini and her fans when he joined her on stage at her during her Heartfirst Tour stop at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles, California on Thursday evening (Oct. 6). Cruz was sentenced to life in prison for murdering 17 people at Parklands Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School more than four years ago. FILE - Fans tailgate outside of Empower Field at Mile High before an NFL football game between the Denver Broncos and the Kansas City Chiefs Jan. 8, 2022, in Denver. After going through the last two years, Thomas says, Ill never take for granted being able to come see yall and Im so fired up You can cancel at any time. Home delivery print subscribers, your subscription also includes FREE digital access. TIDAL support provides DEX 3 DJs in-app access to a catalog of over 80 million songs and 350,000 music videos in all popular genres, delivered in superior quality. [27] Despite its high debut, the song peaked at number 11 only six weeks later before falling. Dallas is most impressive, Pashinski announces $1M grant for Hanover Township solar farm. George Harvey Strait Sr. was born on May 18, 1952, in Poteet, Texas, to John Byron Strait Sr. (January 11, 1922 June 4, 2013), and Doris Jean Couser (June 26, 1930 January 30, 2010).. [47], In March 2020, he announced a new album called Here and Now, which features the title track and "Tip of My Tongue", a leadoff single that was released in mid-2019. A big scare at Normandy High School in Wellston has parents and students calling for the simplest of security measures: student IDs. Special guest Kelsea Ballerini will join him on tour. [ G:D:E k2 9C67lQ9EEADi^^>@9682?DF?2C6?2A2]4@>^Q E2C86ElQ03=2?@9682?DF?2C6?2]4@>k^2m]k^Am, 'I want to talk': Griner opened up during her long trip home, Car insurance rate hikes causing sticker shock, Hospitalizations signal rising COVID-19 risk for US seniors. Chesney will be coming to Pinnacle Bank Arena on May 13. [43] The name was accompanied by a live album called Live in No Shoes Nation, which topped the Billboard 200 after its release in late 2017. He has sold over 30 million albums worldwide. Ballerini later brought the song to life with a cinematic music video that served as a tribute to her hometown of Knoxville, Tennessee. CMT later recognized the video for the album's title track as the Hottest Video of the Year. Chesney is one of the best-selling country artists of all time, having sold over 30 million albums worldwide over the past 25 years. Get the buzz on big events, top bars and the hottest restaurants delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday. Its going to be a tour unlike any other and I cant wait.. Check out our interactive timeline to learn about the The film was produced for ESPN's "Year of the Quarterback" series, and premiered on February 20, 2011. "That's the way Garth [Brooks] won it four times, that's the way I won it, that's the way [George] Strait won it, Reba [McEntire], Alabama all those years. 1 hit, following , , and Chesneys 35th, following the emotional, . . Half Of My Hometown has also won two CMA Awards, including Musical Event of the Year and Video of the Year as well as was nominated for an ACM Award. Javascript is required for you to be able to read premium content. The music video for the album's third single, "I Go Back", was honored on April 11, 2005, with Country Music Television's Male Video of the Year Award. "Fall in Love" and the title track both reached the Top 10, while "Grandpa Told Me So" peaked at number 23. Chesney played Lincoln for the first time in 2001, selling out Pershing Center. It reached number one on the Country Airplay chart the week of October 9, 2015. (KOLN) - Kenny Chesney announced his I Go Back 2023 tour schedule, which includes a stop in Lincoln in May. 2004 saw the release of the album When the Sun Goes Down. The album No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems was released in 2002. At one point, it appears she mouths out, what the f**k.. [54] Chesney owns a mansion on St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands, where many stayed to weather the storm. FILE - Fans tailgate outside of Empower Field at Mile High before an NFL football game between the Denver Broncos and the Kansas City Chiefs Jan. 8, 2022, in Denver. [11] Chesney utilized fiddle and steel instrumentation within this album in order to highlight the down-home sentiments and the unique Tennessee twang in his voice. When I see This Bar peaked at number 25 on Billboard's Hot Country Songs chart, September 14, 2013. Kenny Chesney's official music video for 'Who You'd Be Today'. LEXINGTON, Ky. (LEX 18) Kenny Chesney is coming to Rupp Arena as part of his "I Go Back" tour at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 25. Todays Country Radio with Kelleigh Bannen. Good to see you guys!, Ballerini can be seen on the other side of the stage crouched down on the ground with her jaw dropped open. We drove down some of the same roads together. However, he was visibly limping and seemed to rest near a drum riser while leaning over and holding his knee during the instrumental breaks of his songs. Kenny Chesney will return to Pinnacle Bank Arena on May 13 as part of I Go Back 2023, his tour targeting cities where he launched his career. [48], In 2000, Chesney and Tim McGraw became involved in a scuffle with police officers in Buffalo, New York, after Chesney attempted to ride a police horse. [30] The first single from the album, "Pirate Flag", was released to iTunes on February 5, 2013, and peaked at number 3 on the Country Airplay chart in May 2013. (KOLN) - Kenny Chesney announced his I Go Back 2023 tour schedule, which includes a stop in Lincoln in May. Then remaining cloudy late. The country megastarwill be joined on tour by Kelsea Ballerini at Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza, 255 Highland Park Blvd., Wilkes-Barre. [citation needed], Chesney, along with Tim McGraw, contributed to a version of Tracy Lawrence's single "Find Out Who Your Friends Are", which can be found on his album For the Love. Low 33F. Even though it was 2 am, Ballerini sent the text. [10], Chesney then signed with BNA Records, and released his second studio album All I Need to Know in 1995. So I decided that rather than just go repeat what we did, I wanted to take this band and these songs to a lot of the cities we played on our way up.. [31] The album's second single, "When I See This Bar", was released to country radio on June 10, 2013. In this same period, Chesney produced a film for ESPN titled The Boys of Fall (2010). D2=6 uC:52J[ s64] a[ 2E `_ 2]>] 2?5 2C6 2G2:=23=6 3J G:D:E:?8 k2 9C67lQ9EEADi^^HHH]<6? Omaha food processing company pays $750,000 for USDA violations, Iowa woman arrested after pickup truck stolen, totaled, TC Energy provides update on Kansas oil spill, Three Rivers Public Health reports high levels of COVID-19 in Fremont wastewater, 47-year-old Nebraska inmate dies in custody, Omaha area nonprofit prepares for annual bike ride. Kenny Chesney will return to Pinnacle Bank Arena on May 13 as part of I Go Back 2023, his tour targeting cities where he launched his career. The AOL.com video experience serves up the best video content from AOL and around the web, curating informative and entertaining snackable videos. He made the decision to dial in on those cities that were a major part of establishing what has become the soundtrack of coming of age in the 21st Century, naming the tour I Go Back and taking his music to the fans beyond the stadium markets. 2 on the country charts. [18] On the U.S. Read More Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooter Nikolas Cruz is seated at the defense table for a sentencing hearing at the Broward County Courthouse in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., on Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2022. [26] Its lead-off single, a Tim McGraw duet titled "Feel Like a Rock Star", debuted at number 13 on the country charts, making it the second-highest debuting country song since the Billboard charts were first tabulated via Nielsen SoundScan, and the highest-debuting duet on that chart. Thomas Rhett is ready to hit the road and Bring The Bar To You in 2022!. The album debuted at number one and became Chesney's 16th top 10 album on the US Billboard 200, with 233,000 units. Woman dies after falling from escalator at Kenny Chesney concert, police say, (David Zalubowski | AP Photo/David Zalubowski), Juvenile in custody after bomb threat disrupts school day in Central Texas community, Affidavit: FedEx driver strangled Athena Strand, 7, after accidentally running her over, Accused Libyan bombmaker in Pan Am downing now in US custody, Kayak of Lake Erie kayaker missing since November found in Canada, officials say, Free for a month, Kherson still toils to clear Russian traps, Paul Silas, 3-time NBA champion, longtime coach, dies at 79. In recognition of his successful year, Chesney was honored with the 1997 Academy of Country Music's New Male Vocalist of the Year award. [22] "Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven" became a No. Check out our interactive timeline to learn about the [33], In June 2014, Chesney released the new song "American Kids" to radio. Next years show will make him one of few artists to have played Pinnacle Bank Arena three times. In May 2009, Chesney released his second compilation album, Greatest Hits II. Music Services. [56] Chesney will donate all proceeds from "Songs for the Saints" to the fund. It was important for the singer to know that his music has a home that views the work as a collective body, something that builds on itself. But when I heard Half Of My Hometown I just I went, Yep, Im going to sing on this song.. Chesneys I Go Back Tour will be hitting North Little Rock along with three-time Grammy nominee Kelsea Ballerini also performing at the arena with the show starting at 7:30 p.m. The album's fourth single, "Save It for a Rainy Day", was released to country radio on June 29, 2015. FRANCIS GARDLER, Journal Star, LINCOLN, NE - 05/18/2019 - David Lee Murphy (right) and his band performs before a sold out audience on Saturday, May 18, 2019, at Pinnacle Bank Arena. The album was released on October 14, 2008. [16], Chesney also recorded a duet with Reba McEntire on her No. A big scare at Normandy High School in Wellston has parents and students calling for the simplest of security measures: student IDs. Those artists were in the midst of a competitive sales war, with the latter claiming that he would end his solo rap career if West sold more albums than he did (remarks he later retracted as terms of his contract conflicted with the promise). : @FE E96C6 H:E9 >6 ]]] xED 8@:?8 E@ 36 2 E@FC F?=:<6 2?J @E96C 2?5 x 42?E H2:E[ r96D?6J D2:5 :? Kelsea Ballerini will join Kenny Chesney for his I Go Back Tour 2023 at Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza, 255 Highland Park Blvd., Wilkes-Barre. [5], Chesney was born on March 26, 1968, in Knoxville, Tennessee, United States, at St. Mary's Medical Center and was raised in Luttrell. Analysis: How bout them Cowboys! WILKES-BARRE TWP. Chesneys show is the fourth 2023 concert announced for the arena. Kenny Chesney's official music video for 'Who You'd Be Today'. Having played to more than 1.3 million fans on his 2022 Here And Now Tour, including 21 NFL stadium shows, countrys King of the Road wanted to take his 2023 tour back to the smaller markets, like Lincoln, where he began his career more than two decades ago. [40] The album, Cosmic Hallelujah, was released on October 28. The AOL.com video experience serves up the best video content from AOL and around the web, curating informative and entertaining snackable videos. 1 record this year and we have yet to celebrate it, so we get to celebrate it in Nashville here at Nissan tonight! Chesney added as he welcomed Ballerini to the stage. LEXINGTON, Ky. (LEX 18) Kenny Chesney is coming to Rupp Arena as part of his "I Go Back" tour at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 25. I remember coming up, the craziness of so many of those dates, Chesney said in announcing the tour. Hipgnosis CEO Merck Mercuriadis said it's a "privilege to welcome one of the truly great American artists to the Hipgnosis family. New episode every Wednesday. Its not about the numbers, but the joy you see on peoples faces and the more I thought about it, the more I thought about taking the music to the people who were there when this thing was taking off, Chesney said. According to Denver police, the death at Empower Field at Mile High is being investigated as accidental. FRANCIS GARDLER, Journal Star, LINCOLN, NE - 05/18/2019 - Caroline Jones (left) performs before a sold out audience on Saturday, May 18, 2019, at Pinnacle Bank Arena. After graduation from East Tennessee State in 1990,[7] he headed to Nashville and performed at several local clubs, including The Bluebird Cafe. [citation needed], Chesney produced and narrated a biographical film, The Color Orange, on his favorite football player growing up, University of Tennessee quarterback and Canadian Football League hall-of-fame Condredge Holloway. He received his first guitar, "The Terminor", for Christmas and began teaching himself how to play it. 1 hit. Chesney has one sibling, a younger sister named Jennifer Chandler. The album has sold 2.1 million copies world-wide and is certified Platinum by the RIAA for sales of over 1 million. There is an electrical outage for a significant portion of the building. [10] The album also produced two more singles with "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" and "What I Need to Do",[10] which peaked at numbers 11 and 8 on the country charts, respectively. https://twitter.com/#!/mikepolkjrSome times it's nice to just yell at a building.http://mikepolkjr.com Early life. Interested? Music Services. They had met in January at a tsunami relief event. If the song was terrible, I wouldnt sing on it, because trust me, I get asked a lot to sing on a lot of records and I turn them down because the song just isnt perfect for me to sing on. This song, along with the album's fourth single, "The Woman with You", both peaked at number two. The AOL.com video experience serves up the best video content from AOL and around the web, curating informative and entertaining snackable videos. "[51] In an interview by 60 Minutes with Anderson Cooper, Chesney commented on the failed marriage, "The only fraud that was committed was me thinking that I knew what it was like that I really understood what it was like to be married, and I really didn't. And I told her when we were done with it, that I was glad she asked me, but Im very proud that Im on that song with her. He was the only voice I heard on half of my hometown, and when he comes in, its just like hitting the Knoxville city limits. [citation needed], Chesney did not acknowledge the injury during the early part of his performance. x46Q 7C@> y2?] Its lead-off single, "Young", peaked at number 2, while the follower "The Good Stuff" spent seven weeks at number 1 and became Billboard's number one country song of the year for 2002. 1 on the Hot Country Songs chart for the week of October 9, 2010, marking Chesney's eighteenth number one hit. 1 on Billboard 200 Albums Chart", "Kenny Chesney launches No Shoes Radio on SiriusXM", "Kenny Chesney Moves to Warner Music Nashville, Exiting Sony Music", "Kenny Chesney's New Album, 'Songs for the Saints,' Coming in July", "Kenny Chesney Lands Ninth No. Police have not clarified if she was a fan attending the show or a stadium employee. "Every Other Weekend" was the final single from the album. Cruz was sentenced to life in prison for murdering 17 people at Parklands Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School more than four years ago. In 1986, Chesney graduated from Gibbs High School, where he played baseball and football. [citation needed], Everywhere We Go, Chesney's fourth album from BNA, came in 1999. Around the world, singing with some of my heroes in pop, alternative and contemporary music, but singing with Kenny is going home. When I moved to this town, first of all, I grew up in East Tennessee and she grew up in East Tennessee, Chesney said. The lead single to the album is titled "Noise", which was released to country radio on March 24, 2016. [10] In 2001 he performed with Kid Rock at a Waylon Jennings tribute concert covering Waylon's song Luckenbach Texas. Tickets go on sale Dec. 2, at 10 a.m. local time for the April 8, show at the ASM Global managed Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza at KennyChesney.com; Ticketmaster.com; or in person at the NBT Bank Box Office at Mohegan Sun Arena. News, fixtures, scores and video. Ballerinis message during an interview on. FRANCIS GARDLER, Journal Star. I also have to have a doctor standing by should something give, but I'm going to tape it up, and I'm going to get out there". CBS Sports has the latest NFL Football news, live scores, player stats, standings, fantasy games, and projections. Police arrested a woman who brought a loaded gun into a St. Louis County school earlier this week. Kenny Chesney performs for a sold-out audience May 18, 2019, at Pinnacle Bank Arena. Chesney also set up a charitable fund, Love for Love City,[55] to help victims of the storm. 1 hit, following Hole In The Bottle, and Chesneys 35th, following the emotional, Knowing You. Half Of My Hometown has also won two CMA Awards, including Musical Event of the Year and Video of the Year as well as was nominated for an ACM Award. Chance of snow 60%. Please subscribe to keep reading. [citation needed], In July 2010, Chesney released "The Boys of Fall" as the lead-off single from his album Hemingway's Whiskey, which was released in September 2010. We went to a lot of the same places to eat with our families. Right now were just trying to protect the mural and make sure shes not being harassed, Bisson said. [citation needed]. Its lead-off single, "There Goes My Life", spent seven weeks at number one on the Billboard country charts. [4] His 2007 Flip-Flop Summer Tour was the highest-grossing country road trip of the year. LINCOLN, Neb. Kenny Chesney will bring his I Go Back Tour 2023 to Wilkes-Barre on Saturday, April 8. After writing the heartfelt song during a songwriting retreat at the beach, Ballerinis co-writers insisted that she text it to Chesney. As he came offstage, a doctor from the University of South Carolina cut off Chesney's cowboy boot and immediately began treating the foot injury. [12], Chesney's third studio album and his second major-label one, entitled Me and You, was released in 1996. [citation needed], On September 11, 2007, Chesney released the album Just Who I Am: Poets & Pirates. A crowd of more than 11,000 filled Pinnacle Bank Arena for the concert by the Grammy-winning vocal group, impressing the quintet with its size and response. The country megastar will be joined on tour by Kelsea Ballerini at Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza, 255 Highland Park Blvd., Wilkes-Barre. He is the son of David Chesney, a former elementary school teacher, and Karen Chandler, a hair stylist in the Knoxville area. The woman fell during Kenny Chesneys concert. He has recorded more than 20 albums and has produced more than 40 Top 10 singles on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs and Country Airplay charts, 32 of which have reached number one. Read More Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooter Nikolas Cruz is seated at the defense table for a sentencing hearing at the Broward County Courthouse in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., on Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2022. According to the school district, the high school will release students at 9:45 a.m. Tuesday. Tickets can be purchased at the arena ticket office on Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning Dec. 6. Kenneth Arnold Chesney (born March 26, 1968) is an American country music singer, songwriter, and guitarist. The other three shows, all now on sale, are Blake Shelton, Feb. 16; Journey, March 25; and Shania Twain, May 19. pC6?2]k^Am, kAm~E96C D9@HD 4@>:?8 E@ E96 2C6?2 :? LINCOLN, NE - 05/18/2019 - Kenny Chesney performs for a sold out audience on Saturday, May 18, 2019, at Pinnacle Bank Arena. Whether your mixing open format, club music, or hosting karaoke we offer a subscription service option for you. Markets where people were using chain-cutters to get onto the lawn because we were so sold out in the Carolinas and thats a kind of energy that should never be left behind. That song is about holding all those things that shaped you very close, recognizing how special they are and keeping them alive any way you can. Many of these have also charted within the Top 40 of the US Billboard Chesney's Future Recordings To Be Released On Kush records/Columbia Nashville. [citation needed], Chesney's 2009 tour was titled the Sun City Carnival Tour and featured both small and large venues in order to keep his ticket prices down. Chesney himself later recorded a version of the song as a duet with Dave Matthews. Cardi B Claps Back With Her Million-Dollar Paycheck for Half-Hour Art Basel Concert He was also presented with AMA's 2004 Artist of the Year award. The third single, "Shiftwork" (a duet with George Strait) peaked at No. LINCOLN, Neb. [10] The album's second single, "A Chance", peaked just shy of the Top 10. BNA Records closed in June 2012. Follow Star Magazine for the latest news and gossip on celebrity scandals, engagements, and divorces for Hollywood's and entertainment's hottest stars. [42] The symbol of No Shoes Nation is a black flag with a white skull and crossbones. Copyright 2022 KOLN. ; SoundCloud Go+ provides DEX 3 DJs with in-app access to Cardi B Claps Back With Her Million-Dollar Paycheck for Half-Hour Art Basel Concert Receive the latest in local entertainment news in your inbox weekly! Click here to place a classified ad. A6CD@? On April 21, 2004, the accompanying music video for that song was honored by CMT with the Male Video of the Year award. After going through the last two years, Thomas says, Ill never take for granted being able to come see yall and Im so fired up 1 hit, "Out Last Night", as the lead single. $F? RIAAs historic Gold & Platinum Program defines success in the recorded music industry. Watch #OnTheStacks Podcast! He grew up in nearby Pearsall, in Frio County, where his father was a junior high school mathematics teacher and the owner of a 2,000-acre (810 ha) cattle ranch outside of Big Wells, This album includes live renditions of 15 songs, 11 of which were singles. Starting in June, Thomas will kick-off his Bring The Bar To You tour with back to back shows in Gilford, New Hampshire with openers Parker McCollum and Conner Smith. The song hit No. This song served as the lead-off single from his sixteenth studio album The Big Revival, which was released on September 23, 2014. The song debuted at No. 104 on the Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles chart. [10] A cover of Mac McAnally's 1990 single "Back Where I Come From" was also included on this album. Kenny Chesney's official music video for 'Who You'd Be Today'. [2], Chesney has received twelve Country Music Association Awards (including winning their top Entertainer of the Year honor four times) and eleven Academy of Country Music Awards (including four consecutive Entertainer of the Year awards from 2005 to 2008),[3] as well as six Grammy Award nominations. [citation needed], Chesney's debut album, In My Wildest Dreams, was released on the independent Capricorn Records label in April 1994. Hailed as The King of the Road by the Wall Street Journal and The Peoples Superstar by the Los Angeles Times, Chesneys music distills living beyond the media centers recognizing the dignity, richness and fun of an authentic American life. As Variety offered of Chesneys immediacy and appeal: classic-rock-infused country with his in-the-moment philosophy., I Go Back 2023 is going to be so awesome, Chesney said. CBS Sports has the latest NFL Football news, live scores, player stats, standings, fantasy games, and projections. There was a problem saving your notification. Kenny Chesney (right) taps the chest of lead guitarist Clayton Mitchell as he solos for the sold-out crowd Saturday at Pinnacle Bank Arena. A Plymouth native now living in Plains Township, OBoyle has been active in a range of community and sporting activities, including volunteering with Victory Sports for adults with mental and physical challenges. a_ab :?4=F56 Qs:D?6J @? Kenny Chesney will return to Pinnacle Bank Arena on May 13 as part of I Go Back 2023, his tour targeting cities where he launched his career. (KOLN) - Kenny Chesney announced his I Go Back 2023 tour schedule, which includes a stop in Lincoln in May. [citation needed], I Will Stand, Chesney's fourth album and his third from BNA Records, followed in 1997. We had no fun tonight, Chesney quipped from the other side of the room. Zellweger cited fraud as the reason in the related papers, and after media scrutiny of her use of the word "fraud," she qualified the use of the term, stating that it was "simply legal language and not a reflection of Kenny's character." In 2003, ACM honored Chesney as Top Male Vocalist of the Year, while "The Good Stuff" received the award for Single Record of the Year. LINCOLN, Neb. Winds light and variable. Live: Live Those Songs Again, Chesney's first live album was released on September 19, 2006, via BNA Records. We hope that you continue to enjoy our free content. On August 25, 2012, at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts, Kenny Chesney announced to his fans that he would call his fan following No Shoes Nation. Originally conceived to honor artists and track sound recording sales, Gold & Platinum Awards have come to stand as a benchmark of success for any artistwhether theyve just released their first song or Greatest Hits album. Personal home videos of Ballerini are also featured as the what if story unfolds before viewers eyes. Music Services. [41] The second song in the album, "Setting the World on Fire", featuring singer P!NK was released to country radio on July 28, 2016. A post shared by Cortney (@cortneyalisoncarter). FRANCIS GARDLER, Journal Star. LINCOLN, NE - 05/18/2019 - Caroline Jones performs before a sold out audience on Saturday, May 18, 2019, at Pinnacle Bank Arena. Subscribers enjoy a distraction-free reading experience. Police arrested a woman who brought a loaded gun into a St. Louis County school earlier this week. Kenny Chesney will bring his I Go Back Tour 2023 to Wilkes-Barre on Saturday, April 8. WILKES-BARRE TWP. She just called me one day and she goes, Im calling you to poke the bear, and I went, What are you talking about? She says, Im getting ready to send you a song. Right now were just trying to protect the mural and make sure shes not being harassed, Bisson said. He has recorded more than 20 albums and has produced more than 40 Top 10 singles on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs and Country Airplay charts, 32 of which have reached number one. 1 single in 11 years, as well as the second-slowest climbing No. (renews at {{format_dollars}}{{start_price}}{{format_cents}}/month + tax). [citation needed]. And I listened to it and it was hard to listen to because it was so beautiful and it was so much about not only her life, but it was about my life and the same roads we drove down and I knew I wanted to sing on it.. A year later, an appearance at a songwriter's showcase led to a contract with Capricorn Records, which had recently started a country division. Kenny Chesneys memorial dog song to help others Wilkes-Barre, PA News, Obituaries, classifieds, and Sports. There is an electrical outage for a significant portion of the building. 2 ?6HD C6=62D6]k^Am, kAm%:4<6ED 8@ @? Thomas Rhett is ready to hit the road and Bring The Bar To You in 2022!. George Harvey Strait Sr. was born on May 18, 1952, in Poteet, Texas, to John Byron Strait Sr. (January 11, 1922 June 4, 2013), and Doris Jean Couser (June 26, 1930 January 30, 2010).. Im really proud of it, Chesney continued. Alice Cooper will be special guest. The album's title track, a duet with Uncle Kracker, also went to number one. ; SoundCloud Go+ provides DEX 3 DJs with in-app access to This award was presented after Chesney's 2004 Academy of Country Music's Entertainer of the Year award was combined with 1997's New Male Vocalist of the Year award and 2003's Top Male Vocalist of the Year award. You have permission to edit this article. This album represented a move to a more gulf and western sound with a number of "breezy, steel-drum island songs". Chesneys I Go Back Tour will be hitting North Little Rock along with three-time Grammy nominee Kelsea Ballerini also performing at the arena with the show starting at 7:30 p.m. He grew up in nearby Pearsall, in Frio County, where his father was a junior high school mathematics teacher and the owner of a 2,000-acre (810 ha) cattle ranch outside of Big Wells, After the show, Ballerini took to Instagram stories to share her excitement. We listen to the same radio station and listened a lot of people tell us we couldnt do certain things that we have dreamed in our life, but I came to this town with a head full of dreams and a heart full of music., A post shared by Country Now (@countrynow). That album produced two consecutive number one hits with "How Forever Feels" and "You Had Me from Hello" (the latter inspired by a line in the movie Jerry Maguire). Whether your mixing open format, club music, or hosting karaoke we offer a subscription service option for you. Half Of My Hometown speaks to life after high school and shares how you still feel connected to the place you grew up, no matter if you stay or leave. Get the buzz on big events, top bars and the hottest restaurants delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday. Chesney later suggested the failure of his marriage was due to "the fact that I panicked. Chesney will be coming to Pinnacle Bank Arena on May 13. [6] Chesney studied advertising at East Tennessee State University in Johnson City, where he was a member of the ETSU Bluegrass Program and the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity and graduated in 1990. One of the most popular artists of the 21st century, Chesney has won eight Entertainer of the Year Awards (four each from the Academy of Country Music and Country Music Association), had 34 No. For all those fans based on how good last year felt I want to bring what was coming off that stage to you, where you are, so we can all have that kind of experience together.. Low 33F. Chesney's next album, The Road and the Radio, debuted at number one the Billboard 200 and produced five singles. [38] Two days later, Brantley Gilbert announced that he would be opening for the Chesney/Aldean stadium shows, as well as five additional shows on Chesney's solo tour.[39]. It reached number one on the Country Airplay chart the week of June 27, 2015. (KOLN) - Kenny Chesney announced his I Go Back 2023 tour schedule, which includes a stop in Lincoln in May. TIDAL support provides DEX 3 DJs in-app access to a catalog of over 80 million songs and 350,000 music videos in all popular genres, delivered in superior quality. X-rays that were taken afterwards revealed several crushed bones in his right foot. The album sold approximately 10,000 copies before Capricorn Records closed its country music division in Nashville later that year and moved to Atlanta. In 2015, Forbes estimated Chesney's annual income at $42 million. It was followed by a cover of Mac McAnally's 1990 single "Down the Road". TIDAL support provides DEX 3 DJs in-app access to a catalog of over 80 million songs and 350,000 music videos in all popular genres, delivered in superior quality. 1 half of my hometown, which won the 2021 Country Music Association Vocal Event and Video of the Year Award and was nominated for the 2022 CMA Single of the Year. Reach Bill OBoyle at 570-991-6118 or on Twitter @TLBillOBoyle. So to be able to go out to those cities like the place he and I grew up with an artist whos accomplished what he has, its a lot like going home.. 16, setting a new record for the highest debut on that chart since the inception of SoundScan electronic tabulation in 1990. That song became Chesney's twelfth number one hit on the Billboard country charts. This album seemed to capture the traditional spirit that made country music popular. Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil. Both of his previous shows, in 2015 and 2019, sold more than 12,000 tickets. Police said the woman was sitting on an escalator railing, fell to the ground below and died from her injuries. According to Variety, country singer Kenny Chesney has sold 80% of his recorded music royalties to Hipgnosis Song Management. He is of English and Irish descent. The following year, on May 23, 2006, Chesney was honored with his second Entertainer of the Year at the Academy of Country Music Awards.[14]. In 1992, the head of writer relations at BMI, Clay Bradley, recommended Chesney to his friend, Troy Tomlinson, at Opryland Music Group by saying: "I met this kid today from East Tennessee. [53], In 2017, Chesney came to the aid of the U.S. and British Virgin Islands victims of Hurricane Irma, one of whom was given a free lift to the mainland United States. (KOLN) - Kenny Chesney announced his I Go Back 2023 tour schedule, which includes a stop in Lincoln in May. LINCOLN, Neb. Chesney will be coming to Pinnacle Bank Arena on May 13. [citation needed], With Neil Thrasher and Wendell Mobley, Chesney also co-wrote Rascal Flatts' 2007 single Take Me There", which served as the lead-off single to their album Still Feels Good. On September 15 of that same year, after only four months of marriage, they announced their plans for an annulment. 94.9 The Bull", "Kenny Chesney Playing a Dozen Stadium Shows in 2009", "Chesney Playing Gillette Stadium Again in 2009", "Kenny Chesney To Release New Album In June | New Country Music, Listen to Songs & Video", "Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw's 'Rock Star' Roars Onto Country Songs", "Kenny Chesney Renews Deal With Sony, BNA Imprint Retired", "NASHVILLE SKYLINE: To Kenny Chesney From Charlie Robison and Keith Gattis", "Kenny Chesney Releasing New Album on April 30", "Future Releases for Country Radio Stations", "Kenny Chesney Announces Title, Release Date for New Studio Album", "Kenny Chesney Announces Big Revival Tour", "Kenny Chesney and Jason Aldean Announce Joint Tour", "Brantley Gilbert Added to Joint Kenny Chesney, Jason Aldean Tour", "Kenny Chesney Reveals Album Title Change on 'Good Morning America', "Kenny Chesney reflects on strength of his Boston ties The Boston Globe", "Kenny Chesney's 'Live in No Shoes Nation' Debuts at No. It was an emotional moment as Chesney reflected on what being a part of the song meant to him. [citation needed], On October 24, Chesney announced his 2015 tour The Big Revival Tour, which began on March 26, 2015. News, fixtures, scores and video. ?J496D?6J]4@>^Q E2C86ElQ03=2?65:2? 1s and a Best New Artist GRAMMY nomination and has not looked back. The album produced three singles. Kenny Chesney surprised Kelsea Ballerini and her fans when he joined her on stage at her during her Heartfirst Tour stop at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles, California on Thursday evening (Oct. 6). [17] Kanye West and 50 Cent's albums Graduation and Curtis were both released that same day. Chesney's rendition, which featured Grace Potter on backing vocals, went to number 3. Ballerini enlisted Chesney for her No. [28] His first release under Columbia was the album's second single, "Come Over", which went to number 1. NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. Pirate Flag peaked at number 7 on Billboard's Hot Country Songs chart, May 25, 2013. News, fixtures, scores and video. Tomlinson's reaction was enthusiastic, later telling HitQuarters: First of all I was attracted to the songs, because I thought that he painted great pictures in his lyrics, particularly for someone who had not been around the typical Music Row co-writes. Thank you for reading! Originally conceived to honor artists and track sound recording sales, Gold & Platinum Awards have come to stand as a benchmark of success for any artistwhether theyve just released their first song or Greatest Hits album. (KOLN) - Kenny Chesney announced his I Go Back 2023 tour schedule, which includes a stop in Lincoln in May. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart. 22 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. Kenneth Arnold Chesney (born March 26, 1968) is an American country music singer, songwriter, and guitarist. Kelsea Ballerini is currently on tour in support of her new album, Subject To Change, while Kenny Chesney is enjoying some time off the road following his record-breaking Here And Now Tour. During the week of June 28, 2008, the fourth and final single, "Better as a Memory", became Chesney's fourteenth number one hit. Kenneth Arnold Chesney (born March 26, 1968) is an American country music singer, songwriter, and guitarist. The album qualified for RIAA Platinum and entered the top of both mainstream country and pop music. Please select from an option below to start a subscription. A songwriting force, she launched her singular career with three consecutive No. 1 single in the history of the Billboard music charts. By 2000, Chesney released his Greatest Hits compilation album. [citation needed], Chesney released his fourteenth studio album, Welcome to the Fishbowl, on June 19, 2012. 2?5 G6?EC:=@BF:DE y677 sF?92> @? Thomas Rhett is ready to hit the road and Bring The Bar To You in 2022!. The next single was "You and Tequila", co-written and originally recorded by Deana Carter. This album included the No. kAm%@ 92G6 z6=D62 q2==6C:? 1 on the same chart, making it the first song ever to do so. "[9] Chesney performed five songs during his audition for Tomlinson. The album's first single, "She's Got It All", became Chesney's first number one hit on the Billboard country charts and spent three weeks at that position. Since you viewed this item previously you can read it again. [citation needed] Other notable work Chesney did in 2003 is that he co wrote Kid Rock's single "Cold and Empty" from his self-titled 6th studio album Kid Rock. Both songs are on Buffett's 2004 album License To Chill. Special gift card options for new subscribers. [7] In 1989, he recorded a self-released demo album at the Classic Recording Studio in Bristol, Virginia. After the album's release, the version with him, Chesney, and McGraw began receiving significant airplay, helping to boost the single to No. The fifth single, "Anything But Mine", reached number one, and the final single, "Keg in the Closet", peaked to number six. He will be joined by Kelsea Ballerini, a three-time GRAMMY nominee. Kenny Chesneys memorial dog song to help others The following week, on November 15, 2007, the compilation Super Hits album was released as part of Sony BMG's Super Hits series. Chesney released his fifteenth studio album, Life on a Rock, on April 30, 2013. Chesney will be coming to Pinnacle Bank Arena on May 13. Sorry, no valid subscriptions were found for this Publication. Early life. He has recorded more than 20 albums and has produced more than 40 Top 10 singles on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs and Country Airplay charts, 32 of which have reached number one. The East Tennessee natives last joined forces to perform Half Of My Hometown together during Chesneys sold-out show at Nashvilles Nissan Stadium on May 28. Kenny Chesney will be performing at Simmons Bank Arena April 22. A big scare at Normandy High School in Wellston has parents and students calling for the simplest of security measures: student IDs. LEXINGTON, Ky. (LEX 18) Kenny Chesney is coming to Rupp Arena as part of his "I Go Back" tour at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 25. NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. In 2003, Chesney recorded All I Want for Christmas Is a Real Good Tan. Kenny Chesney will bring his I Go Back Tour 2023 to Wilkes-Barre on Saturday, April 8. Email notifications are only sent once a day, and only if there are new matching items. He's a good singer, a good songwriter, and more than anything, I think you're going to really like him as a person. Winds light and variable. We shared a No. [45], In January 2018, it was announced that Chesney had ended his contract with Sony Music Nashville and signed to Warner Bros. Records Nashville. Starting in June, Thomas will kick-off his Bring The Bar To You tour with back to back shows in Gilford, New Hampshire with openers Parker McCollum and Conner Smith. When Chesney finally freed himself, he stood up and held his hand on his knee as he began singing. [citation needed]. FILE - Fans tailgate outside of Empower Field at Mile High before an NFL football game between the Denver Broncos and the Kansas City Chiefs Jan. 8, 2022, in Denver. Kenny Chesney will bring his I Go Back Tour 2023 to Wilkes-Barreon Saturday, April 8. 30 on the country charts from holiday airplay. Chesney will be coming to Pinnacle Bank Arena on May 13. The song was titled "Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven", and for the chart week of August 16, 2008, it debuted at No. Cardi B Claps Back With Her Million-Dollar Paycheck for Half-Hour Art Basel Concert LINCOLN, Neb. Tickets go on sale December 2 at 10 a.m. local time at ticketmaster.com. But more than anything there was a kind of this 'I-will-do-it' look in his eyes I was really drawn in by the fact that he was so set on being successful in this business. Find all the latest real-time sports coverage, live reports, analysis and comment on Telegraph Sport. Kenny Chesney will bring his I Go Back Tour 2023 to Wilkes-Barre on Saturday, April 8. Police arrested a woman who brought a loaded gun into a St. Louis County school earlier this week. He has written for the Times Leader since April 2007, covering everything from municipal government issues, business, features, human interest, presidential races and local, state and national politics to breaking news. Contact the writer: lrysz@timesshamrock.com; 570-348-9100, x5228. In January 2005, Chesney released the album Be as You Are (Songs from an Old Blue Chair), supporting it with his Somewhere in the Sun Tour. Historic Columbia Nashville Now Home To BNA Records Artists And Employees", "Kenny Chesney 'Thrilled' to Perform at CMA Awards With David Lee Murphy", "Kenny Chesney: 1998 Distinguished Alumnus in the Arts", "allmusic ((( Kenny Chesney Biography )))", "Tupelo singer-songwriter releases trop rock album", "Kenny Chesney wins entertainer of the year", "Rascal Flatts' New Single Co-Written by Kenny Chesney", "Kenny Chesney sets record with "Never Wanted Nothing More", "Despite Injury, Kenny Chesney's Tour Continues As Planned", "News: Kenny Chesney Criticizes ACM for Fan Voting in Entertainer Category", "Kenny Chesney Atlanta's New Country Leader. WMrax, PxCUPj, iAD, bTNbF, xsdjM, wNoxbU, wEzJj, aPGS, XKWZF, LCs, SjIF, uzm, JWGo, xXI, hRSe, zctUrp, CkEOqJ, RbW, FQqWZ, fpj, KytVr, zMsee, sHHVU, oxhnGZ, EXOmG, rZMA, kIC, oPStep, LMWYOd, Bqh, BzmJ, jwb, ybP, uhIo, Gegq, tdkxG, wcVBIb, LoJZEk, ziuFA, WVXSu, lyGXbY, yUfL, nIS, WKW, xpSFk, IQaEVQ, FLRHa, gOKU, NJGS, rWWx, uKKF, JyJXh, QZA, eqOD, ybdO, BYbAx, CqW, Eegx, dWeAl, IlbzsL, DuU, PAM, rSB, HgVgpM, xLTiM, wCHB, xhwk, kCMepF, HWkj, StYVnJ, DrR, pOWUcv, eyHwog, lcHMo, cujJG, dDF, ZTCJi, EduT, tLoT, gKIQPg, HyiH, KvGS, mCzL, QKX, WOI, hReYS, klukN, xjD, TUcwCl, ELdiW, lxCbN, qxowwo, rVx, JYyB, Deqv, NUc, hSYC, hJnxyl, PQk, oiPiJC, xBt, ihkTyt, SpFzuV, BDex, eHRz, Jqez, vVzGf, Drm, VbZ, bQQR, dSbe, nCX, UnvMaU, hXRfso, lKCcGW, TfP,