What if they don't? For example, you are given a node that says it subscribes to the "chatter" topic, but you only have a node that publishes to the "hello" topic. roslaunch remap ROS Topic remap publish topic remap subscribe from publish topic remap publish topic remap First things first, let's understand why. launch-prefix configuration affects both executable and node tags' actions. Wrap rclcpp::Node with basic Lifecycle behavior? , Topic remap publish topic remap subscribe I have used this one as a reference, and everything seems to work. ros2 launch using IncludeLaunchDescription and remapping topics [closed] galactic launch IncludeLaunchDescription remap asked Jan 25 '22 jeremya 235 16 25 31 To re-use other packages in the ROS2 ecosystem, it's often advantageous to directly re-use the launch files provided with a package by using IncludeLaunchDescription. from publish topic remap publish topic , pubtime /time_abs ~time_rel topic publish The tag applies to all subsequent declarations in its scope (, or ). , Register as a new user and use Qiita more conveniently. Example: Node provides an actionlib server move_head and checks a parameter called move_head Remapped topic: name of the ROS topic that you are remapping FROM. Well, technically you could create a launch file anywhere, in any package you want. Some more documentation would be great. joy joy remap node node from , roslaunch remap ROS ROS 2 launch files can be written in Python, XML, and YAML. remap/pubtime3pubtime4 This tutorial will explain everything you need to know about ROS2 launch files. Install the ROS2 launch file Add dependencies Install from a Cpp package Install from a Python package Run the ROS2 launch file Customize your nodes in ROS2 launch files Rename node Topic/Service remapping Parameters Conclusion Where to create your launch files? Remember: this means that if you remap FROM topic "A" TO topic "B", then whenever a node thinks it is subscribing to topic "A", it is actually subscribing to topic "B", so anyone publishing to topic "B" will end up getting their message to this node! Is there any more guidance around this? This guide shows how to use these different formats to accomplish the same task, as well as has some discussion on when to use each format. URDF . The gazebo_ ros2 _control plugin remaps everything into the namespace in which a model is spawned. include and group tags don't accept an ns attribute. [closed], Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike 3.0. roslaunch pubtime pubtime1 rostopic list, ~ , Remap , launch , rc /rc/joy , how to publish a complex msg via launch file? Name that you are remapping. However, you may also do some remapping so that the new node ends up subscribing to /needed_topic when it thinks it is subscribing to /different_topic. If you have control over the launch file you can use an argument to allow passing in a different name for the node name. I haven't tried it out myself, but it sounds to me like a GroupAction and a SetRemap action might be what you're looking for. The output of rosnode list is /rosout /turtlebot_teleop_keyboard arp ( Dec 4 '14 ) It's usual that parameters that are of type int (or float) also accept an str, that will be later substituted and tried to convert to an int (or float) by the action. We commented the "__ns:=" remap flag that goes into arguments that goes into global context. Nest includes in. ros2 launch using IncludeLaunchDescription and remapping topics [closed], Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike 3.0. from="original-name" Target name: name of the ROS topic that you are pointing the from topic TO. Is there another programmatic way to overwrite these values without the use of launch args? Assuming the above launch configuration is in a file named mylaunch.xml, a different topic name can be used by launching it with the following: There is some additional information about passing command-line arguments in :doc:`Using Substitutions <../Tutorials/Intermediate/Launch/Using-Substitutions>`. To re-use other packages in the ROS2 ecosystem, it's often advantageous to directly re-use the launch files provided with a package by using IncludeLaunchDescription. This could be accomplished by adding the following line to the launch file: Now, when this node subscribes to topic /different_topic, the remapping makes it actually subscribe to topic /needed_topic. to="new-name" ROStopicparamremap If a node publishes on "topic1", then you can make it publish on "topic2" instead, without having to change the code of the node. ros2 launchfile remap asked Apr 22 '21 g.bardaro 110 7 12 16 Hi everyone, I am setting up a navigation2 launch file. Cannot retrieve contributors at this time, :doc:`Launch System tutorial <../Tutorials/Intermediate/Launch/Launch-system>`, :doc:`Using Substitutions <../Tutorials/Intermediate/Launch/Using-Substitutions>`. This example will use time as a prefix if use_time_prefix_in_talker argument is 1, only for the talker. -->, Qiita Advent Calendar 2022, You can efficiently read back useful information. EDIT Guess I should say that I filed an enhancement request. ROS2: how to specify parameter with namespace in python launch file? Sometimes, you may need a message on a specific ROS topic which normally only goes to one set of nodes to also be received by another node. I want to use IncludeLaunchDescription to reuse a launch file from another package but I also would like to remap some topics to match my topic scheme (already defined by use of many bags, other node's expectations, etc.). For example: Some attributes accept more than a single type, for example value attribute of param tag. More than 3 years have passed since last update. Launching nav2 from another launch file and remapping the cmd_vel topic: Parametrizing two nodes within one launch file. Differences from ROS 1: Struggling to remap a topic from another launch file (nav2) from my master bringup launch file. Therefore, any publishing nodes end up getting their messages to that node by publishing to the topic specified in the to field in the remap command! The following attributes aren't available: There's no global parameter concept in ROS 2. Are you sure you want to create this branch? Substitutions syntax hasn't changed, i.e. In ROS 1 remapping an actionlib client or server means creating 5 remapping rules. Help us understand the problem. putting the ns tag in the group tag in the top level launch file putting the remap tag in the node tag in the client launch file putting the remap tag in the group tag in the client launch file changing the remap to be from="a/topic" to="topic" What am I missing here? Setup code Remap the ROS topic With command line In a launch file Namespaces Output or input topic remapping for joy_node or teleop_twist_joy_node not working, ROS2 add_on_set_parameters_callback not trigger with open loop. However, I need to remap the /cmd_vel topic. from to ROS So, anyone publishing to /needed_topic ends up getting their message to this new node as well! Why remapping a ROS topic? Remapping a node name is not possible using roslaunch. In particular I'm curious about topics. I am not sure what is the syntax to do so in a top-level launch file to have it propagated to a nested launch file. ~, launch group I am setting up a navigation2 launch file. In ROS 2, it's not. For example: It's also possible to use full parameter names: arg is used for declaring a launch argument, or to pass an argument when using include tags. It seems the only option now is to copy the provided launch into my package and rework it to support my topic, param, node, and namespace names. It has been replaced with env, set_env and unset_env: Allows limiting the scope of launch configurations. Remapping affects both which topics a node subscribes to or publishes to. Migrating launch files from ROS 1 to ROS 2. Launching a simple launchfile on ros2:foxy failed, micro_ros_setup No definition of [python3-vcstool] for OS [osx], Passing an array of arrays of doubles from a yaml config file, Prismatic Joint not working properly with ROS2 & Gazebo 11, Purpose of visibility_control files in ros packages. This commit does not belong to any branch on this repository, and may belong to a fork outside of the repository. You signed in with another tab or window. Invaluable for remapping RVIZ' /initial_pose, /goal_pose, and /clicked_point topics (connected to 2D Pose Estimate, 2d Goal Pose, and Publish Point buttons in RVIZ) that are otherwise permanently outside any namespace applied to an RVIZ node. Launches a new node. I implemented it myself not so long ago so if you have troubles let us know. Usually used together with let, include and push_ros_namespace tags. rviz2 does not show the images published on the topic, Best way to integrate ndarray into ros2 [closed], How to remap topic in a ROS2 launch file? In ROS 2 just one rule could remap them all. , ~joy , joy_node /joy /rc/joy vel_rc angvel_rc ~joy /rc/vel/joy /rc/angvel/joy /rc/joy , group remap Yes that should be the way. In order to include a launch file under a namespace as in ROS 1 then the include tags must be nested in a group tag. group launch , Remapping a topic means that you'll change the topic name at run-time. Documentation about ROS 1's substitutions can be found in roslaunch XML wiki. I am not sure what is the syntax to do so in a top-level launch file to have it propagated to a nested launch file. Migrating tags from ROS 1 to ROS 2 launch Available in ROS 1. launch is the root element of any ROS 2 launch XML file. launch ROS remap , remap , remap . "Could not find parameter robot_description_semantic" URDF ROS . It follows what you mentioned in your original answer :). If able, simply tell the new node to subscribe to this other topic. I have used this one as a reference, and everything seems to work. it still follows the $(substitution-name arg1 arg2 ) pattern. They are the same type, and you want to pipe your "hello" topic into the new node which wants "chatter". Found an example on the ros2 tutorials (Foxy). Are locks redundant for mutually exclusive callback groups? I am using hydro on Ubuntu 12.04. A tag already exists with the provided branch name. Target name. Is there another way that promotes reuse in a more flexible way? Remapping allows you to "trick" a ROS node so that when it thinks it is subscribing to or publishing to /some_topic it is actually subscribing to or publishing to /some_other_topic, for instance. Remapping applies to the lines following the remap. Many Git commands accept both tag and branch names, so creating this branch may cause unexpected behavior.